Job Posting: Business Development Underwriter
Please note the following job opportunity at HEDCO, Inc.:
Job Title: Business Development Underwriter
Open to: Public
Salary: $65,000-$80,000 (based on experience)
Closing Date: 4/14/17
- Bachelor's degree; OR Master's degree in business or related field.
- At least five years of experience of entrepreneurial, financial, business development and management review experience.
- Working knowledge and or experience with two or more of the following: business financial analysis, budgeting and strategic planning, international business experience, small business management.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated excellent writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with mobile device technology including smart phones and tablets.
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel within the state.
- Familiarity with Connecticut's chambers of commerce, community development and/or economic development organizations and their leadership
- Public speaking experience
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Specifically this position:
Under the general direction of the HEDCO COO, provides administrative and program management for the program. This position will provide a detailed credit analysis of the borrower applications received, the Business Development Underwriter will review the borrower's business ability to meet HEDCO's lending standards under the Minority Business Revolving Loan Fund (MBRLF). The Business Development Underwriter may participate in outreach events scheduled by the outreach partners and assist in coordinating and implementing program delivery; as well as provide input on the utilization of resources; performs detailed credit analysis of applicant companies; reviews the borrower's credit score to ascertain credit worthiness; reviews company's financial statements to ascertain business viability and to make sure financial ratios are in harmony with HEDCO lending guidelines; maintains a familiarity with industry standards to apply them on a case by case basis; assist in the day-to-day operation and administration of the MBRLF resources in accordance with program goals and objectives; prepares necessary reports; resolves problems and makes changes to accommodate changing priorities and needs; directs the MBRLF work flow and supervises the necessary administrative paperwork, records, complex filing system to support the coordination of the program, including fiscal and client records; coordinates outreach to required and "encouraged" service provider partners as part of the overall solution offered to clients; coordinates geographically-distributed access to required and suggested federal and state resources; collaborates with the HEDCO President/CEO and Vice President/COO, the Black Business Alliance and the Spanish American Merchants Association staff to assure the alignment of technical workshops, seminars, and consultant services; the position will be physically housed within HEDCO; performs related duties as required.
Note: This is a 12 month, annually renewable position with benefits.
Application Instructions: Interested and qualified candidates who meet the above requirements should submit a cover letter and a resume. Applications will not be considered if not received or postmarked by the above closing date. Submit via mail to:
Ms. Kim Hawkins
15 Lewis Street — Suite 204
Hartford, CT 06103
Due to the large number of expected, not all individuals who apply will be granted an interview. If you are requesting special accommodations under the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) please contact a Human Resources Specialist at HEDCO, Inc.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
HEDCO, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.