SMALL BUSINESS TRAINING SERIES
A 5-PART TRAINING SERIES
HEDCO is partnering with The State of Connecticut’s Department of Children and Families (DCF), to host a seven-part training series for small businesses in the State of Connecticut. This training will consist of existing service providers of DCF, prospective service providers and those who want to learn more about opportunities to contract while strengthening their business practices.
These training sessions will: 1. Expand the capacity of service providers to operate consistent with DCF expectations for continued service provision. 2. Build stronger partnerships and relationships and 3. Aid with the business development or small businesses throughout the state. Training participants will gain exclusive access to a wealth of free consultation services and business resources through HEDCO’s Business Resource Center.
The Training Session Descriptions are as Follow
Properly Insuring Your Business
- Protecting your business and its assets is one of the most important planning components of operating a business. This workshop will help you understand and determine what is a “must have” portfolio of coverage options for your business.
Starting and Running a Non-Profit Business
- This training provides a general level of knowledge pertaining to the “what and why” of non-profits and understanding the process and rules (legal, financial, etc.) of these organizations. The training also deals with the organizational operation and governance, including compliance, fundraising and building an effective board of directors.
Basic Record Keeping
- This training is designed to assist and empower business owners to maintain healthy financial records. The participant will gain an understanding of clear and generally ac- cepted methods of basic record keeping.
- Understand all the information, processes and procedures involved with contracting for services and the expectations for continued service provision with DCF.
- A critical step in winning and renewing contract work is to be an attractive contracting agency. This workshop explores foundational best practices of branding and professionalism to help develop a longstanding working relationship with DCF.
- This session will provide familiarity with several periodic reporting documents that reflect the financial health of his or her business, including the basic four accounting documents.
- This session covers how to read, write, negotiate, understand, and revise basic contracts to meet the needs of your small business.